To Lock Facebook profile is not an easy operation, and I recognize that it involves a few methods. However, I’ll do my best to be as calm as possible in order to assist you in understanding Facebook security problems and how to safeguard your Facebook account from stalkers.
To lock Facebook profile, follow these steps:
Step 1:On your Android smartphone, open the Facebook app.
Step 2: Tap your Profile photo on the home page.
Step 3: Select Menu from the three-dot menu.
Step 4: Choose the Lock Profile option from the page’s choices.
Step 5: On the Lock Profile Page, select the “Lock Your Profile” option at the bottom of the page.
Step 6: When you’re finished, you’ll get a pop-up notice that says, “You locked your profile.” The photographs and updates on your timeline are only visible to your friends.”
Step 7: To conclude the procedure, tap Ok.
Your account would be locked, and all you have to do now is exit that page to confirm. Then log in to your profile once more. You will be notified that your account has been locked there.
If your Facebook page doesn’t have a profile lock option, go to the privacy controls and manually select lock facebook profile mode. If you want your buddy to lock their profile, you can ask them to do so so they can use this mode.
Why Should My Facebook Profile Be Locked?
We all know that social media, such as Facebook, WhatsApp, YouTube, Twitter, and Instagram, takes up the majority of our time. We may argue that Facebook is the oldest and most popular social media platform.
Facebook has 2.83 billion monthly active users worldwide, according to Statista. That’s a sizable portion of the population. Though it appears to be a fictitious country, it empowers individuals by allowing them to connect with the rest of the globe and experience a new virtual environment. However, the worst aspect of Facebook is its high level of privacy concerns. Because everyone on Facebook shares their data, the chance of information being misused unintentionally rises.
Resolving Privacy Concerns
To address this issue, Facebook has created a new tool that prevents users’ personal information from being shared with strangers. It’s the Facebook Profile Lock function, which was only released recently. This disables the potential for someone else to acquire personal information, posts, or any other data about a specific individual from your Facebook account.
Isn’t it amazing?
Facebook launched the ‘Profile Picture Guard’ a while back to protect users’ profile images. However, in light of additional privacy concerns, Facebook has introduced the Profile Lock function.
What is Facebook Profile Lock and why to use that?
Facebook has already made a number of privacy settings available. Users may now lock their profile photos and posts using Facebook’s latest profile lock feature. Those who are not on your friends list are unable to see, share, or download the photographs and posts on your profile. It also prevents third parties from viewing your timeline posts. If you’ve previously shared a public post on your timeline, it’ll only be available to your friends’ list now.
What would your profile seem like to those who aren’t friends with you after I Lock Facebook Profile?
- That person will not be able to see, share, or download your profile image.
- They won’t be able to see your profile image, and neither will anybody else.
- None of your posts will be visible to them.
- They won’t be able to view the most recent or oldest updates on your timeline as a result.
- They won’t be able to see any of the photos or albums on your profile.
- Only a subset of your personal information will be visible to them.
- They may, however, send you a friend request if they wish to read your profile and get to know you better.
What Changes Happen When The Profile Is Locked?
- Your friend request settings will not be affected if you lock your Facebook profile. Anyone can send you a friend request, and you can also send one to someone else.
- The message settings are likewise unaffected. You have the ability to send and receive messages to and from anyone. You may, however, restrict a user from sending messages to others who aren’t on your friend list.
- If you’ve closed your profile, information like your hometown, present city, education data, and so on will be hidden from strangers.
- Unknown users who are not on your friends list have access to your profile images, cover photographs, and information.
- People who aren’t on your friends list can’t see or zoom in on your profile photo. It could only be viewed, zoomed in on, and shared by your pals. It will display that your profile is locked if anybody other than your friends tries to zoom in or see it full screen.
- If you’re concerned about receiving friend requests from someone you don’t know, you can always block them.
What Is the Importance of the Facebook Profile Lock Feature?
According to Facebook, hackers from Bangladesh and Vietnam hacked the company’s whole privacy system in December 2020. Furthermore, they have taken the personal information of Facebook members. Such groups will no longer be able to exploit the Facebook network by scraping data from people’s accounts all across the world thanks to the Lock Facebook profile function.
To help the Facebook privacy system, people should avoid clicking on suspicious links and accepting friend requests from unknown sources. Facebook also included a Vanish mode to address privacy concerns. Once activated, this mode has the unique function of deleting all communications and media files after a certain length of time. It also has another important safety feature. You will be alerted immediately if someone takes a snapshot of your profile. The steps to enable disappear mode are as follows.
- Download the most recent version of Facebook from the Google Play Store or the Apple App Store.
- Open a specific chat window.
- From the bottom of the chat, swipe up.
- The Vanish mode will be activated as a result of this action. The chat’s backdrop color goes to black, indicating that the mode has been engaged.
- Also see: What To Go Facebook Live Using Your Android Phone or Computer
Facebook is a fantastic social media platform for international communication. However, as the world becomes increasingly worried about data privacy, now is the moment to permanently secure your Facebook accounts. Your data is protected from hackers when you lock facebook profile.